Did you know there are right and wrong toothbrushes you can use to clean your smile? Well, it’s true. This is why we recommend knowing all you can about toothbrushes. If you use the wrong toothbrush, you could damage your teeth and gums. So, we encourage you to test your toothbrush knowledge, and maybe even learn something new, by taking the following toothbrush test:
1. True or False: Hard and soft-bristled toothbrushes are very similar and should be considered the same. A. True B. False
2. True or False: It’s best to use a soft-bristled toothbrush when brushing. A. True B. False
3. True or False: Hard-bristled toothbrushes can wear down the tooth enamel and damage the gums. A. True B. False
4. True or False: When brushing children’s teeth, it’s best to use an adult toothbrush with soft bristles. A. True B. False
5. True or False: You should use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste when brushing. A. True B. False __________________________
1. B (The two brushes are very different) 2. A 3. A 4. B (It’s best to use a child-sized, soft-bristled toothbrush) 5. A
To learn more about toothbrushes in Redwood City, California, please contact Donald R. Hermansen, DDS when you have the chance. All you need to do is dial 650-716-2500 and our dental team will be happy to help you, even if it’s just by answering your questions. We look forward to your phone call!